K.A.CARE has three initiatives related to the National Industrial Development and Logistics Program, which is one of the programs to achieve the Kingdom's Vision 2030.
The initiative aims to establish a center to provide data and information of the renewable energy in the Kingdom. These data will be available to interested users, such as decision makers, public sector and private sector in accordance with the international best practices and standards in the area of collection, keeping and providing information, as well as providing analytical, informational and forward-looking reports.
Expected Impact: This initiative provides the number of promising geographic ranges in Saudi Arabia that enable renewable energy projects. This is done by reducing the uncertainty in the expected electricity production which affects the financial cost of the project.
- Providing the necessary data for studies, researches and projects.
- Enable investors, researchers and developers to access high and accurate quality data to perform their various tasks.
- Providing simulation, modeling and forecasting tools for renewable energy, as well as providing a comprehensive view for the situation of the renewable energy sector in the Kingdom and its growth rates using advanced data intelligence tools.
The initiative aims to increase the local content for the renewable energy technologies sector by accelerating the growth of the local private sector and support local companies to develop renewable energy products, applications and services by working with international and local institutions and companies to develop and own renewable energy desalination technologies, energy storage, subsoil technologies and concentrated solar thermal technologies to reduce peak load used in cooling, and commercially investing it and establishing a testing center to document and evaluate renewable energy technologies.
Expected Impact: Localization and commercialization of key renewable energy technologies that will support Vision 2030 in exploring alternative energy sources and increasing local content. This will contribute in introducing of new technologies for the Kingdom and promote emerging local ideas and which, in turn will have an impact in supporting the private sector to invest in, as well as creating job opportunities.
- Increasing the local content of the renewable energy sector by accelerating the growth of the local private sector and supporting local companies to develop renewable energy products, applications and services.
- Baseline studies conducted by K.A.CARE that apply the principle of shared costs between the government and the local private sector for these technologies.
The initiative aims to attract and recruit the qualified skilled nationals to join in the sector of nuclear and renewable energy. This done by institutional learning that relies on supervision and guidance in the work environment, benefits and compensation.
- Development of national education, training and capacity-building systems to enable the Atomic & Renewable energy sectors. This done by establishing pathways and programs of attraction, learning and training of human resources to create a sustainable source of qualified young nationals, scholarships, certifications, accreditation, quality assurance and job classification and leave accreditation.
- Planning and modeling manpower for the Atomic & Renewable energy sectors.
-Create cooperative and strategic partnerships with relevant authorities and services and technology providers to develop human capacities.
Expected Impact: Building and qualifying national human capital will contribute to enable citizens to find jobs opportunities in the Atomic & Renewable energy sectors.
K.A.CARE in cooperation with various business partners in the Kingdom and leading international institutions, is working to develop and stimulate human capital to meet the needs of the job market by supporting, empowering and overseeing the development of the educational ecosystem.
The main objectives of the initiative are:
- Manpower recruitment and employment.
- Support the development of the educational ecosystem.
- Support technology localization and knowledge transfer through human capacity building.